- Where to start? Do you have a detailed understanding of how the network is designed so you can narrow the possible problems?
- What do I look for? Do you know what to look for, what error counters to check, and what configurations to evaluate?
- How does everything work together? Do you know how everything you’re considering correlates together to determine the cause? For example: What does it mean when you have FCS errors and Alignment errors at the same time on an interface?
Maybe you have the answers to all these questions, can thoroughly evaluate the information but are still unable to discover the problem. After all, if an issue is transient and occurs sporadically, it may not be present when you look and if it’s not there, all that troubleshooting time and effort goes to waste. There are hundreds of reasons for poor network performance and potentially, hundreds or even thousands of links, routers, and switches to check across any number of locations. While there are many tools that can help you identify a problem exists, analyzing and resolving its root-cause is difficult. TotalView bridges the gap between problem identification and analysis, telling you exactly when, where and why your problem occurred in a matter of minutes:
“The slowness between the app server and the database server at 2:35 pm was due to jumbo frame misconfiguration on the Core2 switch trunk port.”Instead of spending hours, possibly days, trying to determine the root-cause of a network problem, TotalView® does it for you:
- Up and running in less than 12 minutes.
- Continuously tracks the performance of your entire network, 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Tells you where, when, and why network problems occur and even recommends how to fix them – in plain-English.
Troubleshooting the root-cause of a network problem is hard. TotalView® makes it easy.Questions?
We’re here to help.