TotalView for NetOps is our core product, built for advanced network monitoring and troubleshooting.
TotalView® identifies the root-cause of network issues anywhere on your network.
- Developed and built with thoughtful engineering.
- Monitors and evaluates all SNMP, NetFlows, Syslogs and WMI.
- API integration is designed into the front and back ends of the product:
- Restful JSON front end
- SQLite database
- NetAlly integration
- PaloAlto integration
Your users and management team hold you responsible for the entire network infrastructure, yet you only have information about utilization and availability on a few critical links and devices. When the network glitches, traditional network monitoring software won’t help as it’s designed for monitoring, not troubleshooting. Don’t get stuck manually logging into switches and routers to look for the problem as the drawbacks to this methodology are daunting. You have lots of questions and few answers:
- Where to start? Do you have a detailed understanding of how the network is designed so you can narrow the possible problems?
- What do I look for? Do you know what to look for, what error counters to check, and what configurations to evaluate?
- How does everything work together? Do you know how everything you’re considering correlates together to determine the cause? For example: What does it mean when you have FCS errors and Alignment errors at the same time on an interface?
Maybe you have the answers to all these questions, can thoroughly evaluate the information but are still unable to discover the problem. After all, if an issue is transient and occurs sporadically, it may not be present when you look and if it’s not there, all that troubleshooting time and effort goes to waste. There are hundreds of reasons for poor network performance and potentially, hundreds or even thousands of links, routers, and switches to check across any number of locations. While there are many tools that can help you identify a problem exists, analyzing and resolving its root-cause is difficult. TotalView is the RCA network monitoring and management tool, telling you exactly when, where and why a problem occurred in a matter of minutes. For example:
“The slowness between the app server and the database server at 2:35 pm was due to jumbo frame misconfiguration on the Core2 switch trunk port.”
Instead of spending hours, possibly days, trying to determine the root-cause of a network problem, TotalView does it for you. For example:
- Up and running in less than 12 minutes.
- Continuously tracks the performance of your entire network, 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Tells you where, when, and why network problems occur and even recommends how to fix them – in plain English.
Network troubleshooting and root-cause analysis (RCA) is hard. TotalView® makes it easy.