Bridging the Gap Between Monitoring and ResolutionTotalView identifies the root-cause of network issues anywhere on your network. Your users and management team hold you responsible for the entire network infrastructure, yet you only have information about utilization and availability on a few critical links and devices. When the network glitches, monitoring software won’t help as it’s designed for monitoring, not troubleshooting. Don’t get stuck manually logging into switches and routers to look for the problem as the drawbacks to this methodology are daunting. You have lots of questions and few answers:
- Where to start? Do you have a detailed understanding of how the network is designed so you can narrow the possible problems?
- What do I look for? Do you know what to look for, what error counters to check, and what configurations to evaluate?
- How does everything work together? Do you know how everything you’re considering correlates together to determine the cause? For example: What does it mean when you have FCS errors and Alignment errors at the same time on an interface?
“The slowness between the app server and the database server at 2:35 pm was due to jumbo frame misconfiguration on the Core2 switch trunk port.”Instead of spending hours, possibly days, trying to determine the root-cause of a network problem, TotalView® does it for you:
- Up and running in less than 12 minutes.
- Continuously tracks the performance of your entire network, 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Tells you where, when, and why network problems occur and even recommends how to fix them – in plain-English.
Troubleshooting the root-cause of a network problem is hard. TotalView® makes it easy.